Friday 29 January 2010

black, white and red...



Vertical Limit is a race up the 42 floors of the Tower 42 building in London. Sounds like my kind of nightmare. But then it is in aid of a good cause; all proceeds go to housing charity Shelter. Here's some pics from the 2009 race.

But it was the design of the poster itself that caught my eye, I couldn't miss it really – the strong use of white, black and red, vertical lines, perspective, diagonal type. All of it reminded me of some of the early Constructivist and Bauhaus designs (shown below) I studied at university. Great to see that these graphic methods are being put to use to create some great modern visual graphics.



Clockwise from top left: Lissitzky, 1920; Zwart, 1924; Kassak, 1924; Schuitema, 1926; Schmidt 1923

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a message...