Wednesday 17 February 2010

sunny California...

Ah, I have been away for ages, so busy with work! Here's some more pictures from our wonderful California road trip.


Los Angeles

First stop was LA. Meh, not so impressed as I thought I would be. The weather wasn't great, perhaps that was it, I was expecting sizzling sunshine like they always seem to have when LA is on the TV. But no such luck. We saw the main sights, another main disappointment was that you couldn't get closer than this to the Hollywood sign! I felt robbed! If you squint really hard you just might be able to make it out.


Palm Springs

Next stop was Palm Springs. A beautiful little town in the middle of the desert to the east of LA. As I understand it, it's where LA folks go for a weekend trip away from the city. The Coachella music festival is held around here. And its hot, hot, hot!! Check out these beautiful desert flowers we found blooming along the roadside.


The Pepper Tree Inn, Palm Springs

This is the beautiful little boutique hotel we stayed in during our stay in Palm Springs. Its called the Pepper Tree Inn, and wow, just the nicest place we stayed the whole trip. We ate in a fantastic resturant called The Falls, amazing steak and fish dinners.



Grand Canyon, South Rim

The Grand Canyon, on of the most awesome sights I have ever seen. It took us seven hours to drive there! But is was definitely worth it.


Vegas baby!

And of course Las Vegas, every bit as cheesy, plastic and fake as I had hoped. You need to suspend your disbelief and just enjoy the tackiness of it. We had a fantastic time in Las Vegas, I even did a spot of gambling and won the awesome amount of $15! Woop!

There are a few more pictures to come, I will post them up soon.

Has anyone else ever done a road trip anywhere?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like an amazing road trip!
    I's been so cold here in Germany for moths it is really nice to see pictures with warm weather. ;)
    I like how you put that: "just enjoy the tackiness of it" I am such a sucker for these kitschy styles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Las Vegas really was so tacky. It was a bit weird to begin with because we had been surrounded by glorious countryside for days and then bham, its all concrete and plastic. It was a lot of fun though!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a message...